Sunday, August 1, 2010

Project 365 - Day 13

"No Spring nor Summer Beauty hath such grace
As I have seen in one Autumnal face." -John Donne

The long, hot summer days have made me long for autumn. Me and mom started talking to day about all the things we would do once the weather was cooler. She wanted to go to a flea market. Summertime is almost miserable in Florida if you don't have any water around to cool down in. Me and mom talked about leaves and hay. Scarecrows and pumpkins and cinnamon brooms! Autumn is her favorite season. It's one of mine, too.
I saw this leaf on the ground and it made my longing stronger. It's so beautiful to watch the changing of the leaves. And then when they all fall off and winter is edging closer, there is something beautiful about the loneliness of it all.
Autumn weather is so much more comfortable. Not too hot, and not too cool. We love to sit outside on the porch in the evenings and drink coffee. Even though we do have to worry about hurricanes more here in Florida.
But autumn I will still be waiting for your return! For when you bring pumpkins and hay and scarecrows. Halloween and hunting season. Hurry on your way!

2 comments:

  1. Autumn has always been my favorite too and I long to go back to New York during autumn as it is even more beautiful. The leaves way more vibrant and the smell... autumn has a smell. Not so much here in FL but in NY... it has a smell...trust me. It is hands down one of the best smells in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 winter. I hate heat .. even a little bit of it makes me want to throw myself on the ground, and kick and scream like a little baby..but then I would be even hotter, now wouldn't I ... UGH F summer !!

    ReplyDelete