Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Project 365 - Day 35

"It's like if you plant something in concrete and if it grow and the rose petal got all kinda scratches and marks, you ain't gonna say, "damn look at all the scratches and marks on the rose that grew from the concrete.." you gonna be like "damn, a rose grew from the concrete?!" -Tupac Shakur

Not every picture you take is going to be beautiful. Not every picture you take is going to be technically perfect. Give me a picture that is technical and give me a picture that isn't perfect, but it captures emotion. That is interesting... and it will win me over every time. Just like this photo. Technically, it's not perfect. The end of the petal isn't completely in focus the way I'd have liked. But there is still something about the composition of the photo that draws me in. I looks like solitude to me... loneliness. The cracks of the paint say "weathered." It adds texture to the photo.

This petal ended up on the porch after a rainstorm. Just this single petal away from all the others. A little rough around the edges. Maybe that's why it seems lonely? When you say rose you think love. When I see this picture I think heartbreak... broken love. The loneliness, the cracks, and drops are tears. This picture is just sad to me. Sad and beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, it does seem kind of sad. But none the less, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete