Monday, August 16, 2010

Project 365 - Day 28

"Music takes us out of the actual and whispers to us dim secrets that startle our wonder as to who we are, and for what, whence, and whereto." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

If ever it was real, music would be magic. Music speaks to places deep inside. It soothes and heals. There are few emotions that don't find solitude in music. I usually have a genre of music to suit my needs. I have a very broad taste in music. For example, if I put my mp3 player on shuffle, these are the first 5 songs:

1.Pickin' Wildflowers by Keith Anderson
2.Energy by Keri Hilson
3.I Miss You by Blink 182
4. Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven
5.Don't Stop Me Now by Queen
So yea, there is a little bit of everything in there. When I'm angry or excited or wanna get pumped up I turn on the rock. When I am happy I usually just hit shuffle and skip what I don't feel like listening to. When I am sad, I listen to sad songs. I know, sad songs when you are already sad?? It just makes me feel better. Then there is classical music for when I want to relax or study. I can study with all music usually, but sometimes when I listen at the same time when I take notes, I write the song and not the notes lol.

Even though I really can't carry a tune in a bucket, I love singing. Not in front of people but me and my sister do turn the radio up loud and sing like Beyonce... just not as good. Singing is a great stress reliever, too. Belting out a few notes is like scream therapy. It's good for the soul. Songs can take you back in time to a special place or make you think about the future. And sometimes, words to a song just says exactly what you can't. It makes you feel less alone knowing that somewhere out there, someone knows exactly what you are feeling.

I can't play an instrument either. I've always wanted to, and still do. I want to learn the play all instruments lol, but I think I will just choose piano. I wish I could make beautiful music. I can only imagine how joyous that would be. I've always wanted to know what is going through Beethoven's head when he wrote his 5th Symphony. It's hard to fathom that a single person is capable of creating something so magnificent and dynamic.

Music's whispers head right to the heart. Gets right down to the soul of you. But it may say something different to each person. Melodies and lyrics surround you and wrap you in blankets of peace. Relax in it's warmth, let go, and just be.

2 comments:

  1. Just think, back in the day when Beethoven was composing all that genius music of his he probably did not even have an inkling that it would live on for hundreds of years, that years from then tiny little boxes would play his melodies to soothe us from with in a pocket of our clothing! Who knows, when we do something, what impact it will have for years to come, and what the impact will be for different people.

    ReplyDelete