Thursday, August 12, 2010

Project 365 - Day 24

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not." -Anonymous

I love weddings. It's such a happy time! Everyone is just bubbling and overflowing with love. People so happy they are almost giddy! And let's not forget all the beautiful things like flowers, scenery, dresses, and faces. Being able to share someone's special day is so wonderful. Especially when you are the photographer. You are now in charge of documenting a very, very special time in two people's lives. No pressure now...

Now, you are probably all wondering where this blog is going and where it is all coming from seeings as how I am already married. A girl that I graduated high school with recently approached me about photographing her wedding in the Spring. Me?! Yea, that was my first thought, too. I have never photographed anything for money. I have never photographed people that weren't my family. Again... me?! I was very flattered and honored for her to have asked me but I didn't think I was the right person for the job. I was really considering just telling her no. I was afraid. What if they didn't like how the photos turned out? What if, what if, what if.

But.... I did WANT to do it. I just wasn't sure if I could. Well, not even that. I could do it, I just don't know if they'd be pleased with it. I wasn't sure I could please myself either. I am a bit of a perfectionist... Even one of my nursing instructors during an evaluation told me "There is nothing that I can say to you about your performance. You expect more of yourself than we do." And, I guess it's true.

Well, I figured (finally) well, why not! I will try my very best and it will just have to do. It will be an amazing experience and if I ever do it in the future, I'll never do it for the first time again. I can't hold myself back. If I do, I'll never know. She obviously sees something in my work and she likes and honestly believes in me or she wouldn't have asked. I am just going to have to trust in her judgment and believe in myself.

2 comments:

  1. Exactly! It will be wonderful :D You have plenty of time to practice and get comfortable! You are very talented and I can't, "Don't be nervous!" That is apart of it, but it'll be wonderful, I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will be super at it.. and in 80 years when I get married you can take pictures there. I think you will have enough practice then right?

    ReplyDelete