Monday, August 9, 2010

Project 365 - Day 21


"Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it." -Not Your Average Dictionary

Today I wish my son a happy 4th birthday. The photo is of the cupcakes we made together. I've been so blessed to watch him grow. He surprises me everyday with something new and I am amazed at all he is capable of. Four years ago today, at 7:16pm, he came into my life. It has been non-stop ever since, he always go, go, go! But that's okay, he keeps me on my toes. There is nothing in the world like being a mother and being able to see your child's smiles and hearing their laughs and comforting them when they cry. An experience so special, I'm not sure how to put it in words. He (and any future children) is my life's work. My magnum opus. The greatest thing I can ever achieve in my mortal life. My masterpiece.

I don't feel like crying tonight so I won't keep going. Today is a happy day, so no tears! But I must remember that watching my child grow up is a privilege that can be taken away at anytime. RIP Christie Deas, who can now only watch her precious triplets and her son grow from Heaven. Thank you Lord for giving me another day.

1 comment:

  1. Don't make me cry geez**!!!! I hope E had a good birthday, and I hope he has a fun birthday party this weekend. I can't believe he is 4 girl. It seems like just yesterday he was a pudgy little baby, and he was going around the house getting into crap ... lol

    ReplyDelete