Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Project 365 - Day 9

"There is always a moment in childhood when the door opens and lets the future in. -Graham Green"


We registered Eli for pre-school today. I've been a little emotional about it all day, but I didn't drop any tears until now about it. I'm sure it will be even worse when he actually goes to school. He is really excited, so it makes it a little easier. Today I compiled my feelings and they made a poem. It's not a great poem, but it means great things to me. Here goes..

First Day of School

Please let me hold you
Once more before you go
So I can always remember
Just how fast you grow

Lets wait just one more minute
Before we get out of the car
The sidewalk to the door always seem this far?

Take my hand and hold it
As tightly as you can
It lets me know you aren't a baby
You're now a little man

Lets walk a little slower
It's all going way too fast
Tears fill my eyes
While I think of things gone past

Miss me just a little
Give me one more hug
Let me fix your hair just right
And make sure your laces are snug

Its time for you to go now
There is so much I want to say
But all that I can manage
Is Baby, I love you. Have a good day.









3 comments:

  1. Awl, you make me sniffle. I know this day will come for me soon. I have to go and sign paperwork for Colby to go to early headstart pre school tomorrow, and I will be a mess too. So, our blogs will be the same on different days lol I love you, and I know how you feel my love !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you made me cry... your turn Kait.. Fallon made me cry the other night!

    Kait didn't go to pre K but started Kindergarten at 4 years old. She was excited to ride the bus and I kept saying "No, I'll take you." Finally I gave in and let her...but I followed the bus to school. Then I followed the class in and stood out side the door. The whole time telling myself I was being dumb but in the end it was a good thing I did as there was another Kaitlyn Smith in her class and they had them tagged opposite what they should have been and she would have been put on the wrong bus.

    I cried most of the way home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Freds new goal is to make me cry every blog lol
    I don't have children of my own but I often treat Destiny like she's mine and I have often felt this way.
    Jennifer, it's not easy, but it's life! He'll continue to make you proud and while it might not get easier to let him go, at least you'll see all the ways he will grow with all of the new surroundings he'll have!
    I love you, and I'm always here with [] and \_/

    ReplyDelete