Friday, July 23, 2010

Project 365 - Day 4

"Tomorrow the sun will also rise to the occasion of another day with equal grandeur. Such is the nature of that morrow which today has already seen, yet it greets us each time afresh with the morning dew of wonder in its eyes." -Mark Amend


I love mornings. I like to watch the world come alive. This morning I got up right out of bed made a cup of coffee, but never got around to drinking it because then I looked through the window of the back door. The backyard looked so inviting. I put on some shoes and me and my little man headed outdoors, camera in hand. It was so beautiful out this morning. The Florida heat can be oppressive most July mornings, but the sun wasn't yet high in the sky and a nice breeze blew.
Eli and I traipsed the backyard enjoying each others company keeping an eye for anything interesting to capture on camera. I have long had a love affair the morning dew. It's like hundreds of little silver lights on the grass. Seeing dew is special because it's only there for a short time before the day gets hot and the sun makes it disappear. So there are me and Eli, knees in the dirt, nose in the grass, taking pictures of the little tiny water drops on a blade of grass. I think the result from a little sweat and dirt and a little time was worth it. Notice how in the drop of dew, things look magnified? That is the morning for me. Everything is alive and stirring and new. I feel lucky to experience it.
Most people hate mornings but I don't get out of bed before nine I feel like my day is wasted. Why people sleep until noon I'll never know. Don't they know what they are missing? Don't they realize that today is a new day and absolutely anything may happen. It may be the day you meet the love of your life, or get a new job, or do something life changing. The fact that none of that may not happen doesn't matter. The possibility is there and that makes it exciting. Each morning is like a new opportunity to me, or a new beginning....So to all grumps out there, just look at each morning as an opportunity to finish what you started yesterday. Another chance to let someone know how much you love them. Today will never happen again so don't begin it with a false start.



5 comments:

  1. This photo makes me smile! That big droplet with all the little ones close by... The color is exquisite and I couldn't agree more with loving the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again you have spoken true words. I love the mornings, quiet, powerful, and as you say a new beginning to a new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me wish my camera wasn't dead :-( I love this picture as I do all the pictures you take !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The morning dew is an expression of the soul. It accumulates in darkness, but becomes manifest only with the dawn. It sounds like you were doing a little soulwork early in the morning. The quotation above with your photograph is from my book, "Lines of Thought by an Unknown Author" As it appears above is how I contributed it to thinkexist.com. I changed the last line to read
    "...yet we greet it each time afresh with the morning dew of wonder in our eyes." when I published the book. The dew drops remind me of a cross between diamonds and pearls. They have the clarity of diamonds, but the shape of pearls. The eye takes the picture. The camera's only there to snap the photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mark,
    Thank you so much for commenting on my blog to clear up that bit of confusion! I am very glad to have an author to replace the "unknown". I did get the quote from thinkexist.com. It's beautiful and it captured exactly what I was feeling at this time. You are very talented! I love your description of the dew drops as well. They are quite like a mix between diamonds and pearls :) If only I possessed your way with words.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete