Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Project 365 - Day 1


Introducing, Elijah. I thought, what better way to start off Project 365, than with my favorite little guy in the world. This picture was taken just across the road from our house. He was a little flustered with me. I was obviously having him walk ahead of me and he didn't like that I wasn't moving that I kept on taking pictures. He would turn around and say, "Come on, Mom!" Hoping for more picture opportunities I'd say ,"Go on! I am coming right behind you." Then he said, " Okay, but no more pictures, Mom! I don't like that!" :) I tried to appease him (a little) but before you really notice your children grow up so a nice recollection of their childhood for yourself and for them is worth it's weight in gold.

There is no need to explain why this picture is special to me, he is the reason I walk and breathe on the earth... this picture got me to think about kids in general. Children are the most precious thing that ever may be bestowed on two people. It is a shame to think that some will not ever see it that way. A child should know what a miracle they are. They should know that since the beginning of the world, and till the very end, their will never be another child like them. They are the greatest miracle and they are also the greatest mystery. For when you have a child that is yours, it is still a mysterious stranger. You then have the miracle of watching this child grow and laugh and cry and watching their own personality unfold. I have often said, " Well he didn't get that from me!" But I know that who he is is not inherited. Who he is, is developed. It is developed through everything that he does everyday, everything he sees, touches, or feels.
On average, children laugh about 400 times a day and an adult only laughs 15 times per day. When did we stop? Kids will literally squeal in delight over things that we see everyday. To us it is astonishing, but to them, so natural. When did we stop seeing things the way kids do? When did we stop seeing the joy in all the everyday things that life gives us? After our children are born we spend our lives trying to teach them all about life, but children teach us what life is about.

3 comments:

  1. I laugh a hell of a lot more than 15 times, over dumb stuff. I think life is a lot better when you can laugh things off. I try to make jokes out of everything and see things in a better light, but Darrell ( of course ) says I am an idiot, and I need to grow up. I say the hell with growing up. You grow up, and you lose yourself ! I shall never lose Katie, and you shall never lose Fred !! We shall be Toys R us kids foreber and eber ...I am so tired from writing my comp paper idk what I even just wrote ahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think sometimes we start out thinking we are the teacher, we will be the ones doing all of the teaching... surprise! We probably learn more from them, way more than they realize. We grow as they grow too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer you are beautiful inside and out. I hope and pray your journey through life is long and rewarding. slowly enjoy the pleasures and move quickly through the tragidies. Life has many things to see and experiece for children and adults, it is nice to see a young person that knows that and will experience all life has to offer.

    ReplyDelete