Friday, September 10, 2010

Project 365 - Day 51

“Cousins are many. Best friends are few. What a rare delight to find both in you.” -Unknown

Today's photo is of my little cousin, Nickolas. He and Eli are the very close in age. They're best friends. I'm glad that they have each other. It reminds me of when I was their age with all my cousins that are my age. We have a big family, but a close one, too. We grew up together and still today my cousins are some of my best friends. First came Kevin in July, then Ryan in September, Fallon in November, and me and Jessica in February. When Uncle Hullon and Julie got married when we were around 11 or 12 I think, Katie joined our ranks and became the baby of the group. All 6 of us were back and forth at each others houses for sleep overs and such. We grew up riding dirt roads on dog boxes with the wind in our hair, an orange vest on our chest, and a smile on our face! We all went to school together, even though Fallon went to a different school. Even though we are all grown up now, I'd still call us close. Life has taken us to different places and we're in different situations, but we're all good people and we love each other. I really cherish the times when we are all back together again, sitting, talking, and laughing just like when we were kids.

I love you all and you're still my best friends today.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pic. He is looking so grown up! I'm glad I found your Uncle Hullon and a great family for me and my kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love and miss all of you! But don't forget about our rockin' plays... LOL

    ReplyDelete