Saturday, November 27, 2010

r & k - engagement shoot

Oh my! It's been a while! Lately there just hasn't been enough time in the day! But I wanted to take the time to blog about my first photography "job". I did some engagement photos for a friend that I went to high school with and I am photographing her wedding in January. I'll be posting my favorites along the way. :)


The location was really nice. I rode by the day before and the light was really beautiful and I was hopeful that it would be nice for our shoot. But, alas, it was kinda cloudy so it wasn't quite ideal, but we worked with what we had. Living more than three hours away, rescheduling wasn't really an option.
I had so much fun. And had some more fun looking through all the photos and editing them to their maximum beauty. I know that I am still a beginner and I still have loads to learn about composition and lines and editing... I actually am quite proud of myself and of how the photos turned out. I feel like I have already learned some things by doing this shoot. And that's what it's about right? How else to learn then to get out there and do it?

Renee and Kurt were really great to work. I got to catch up and find out how they met and how he proposed. They seemed very happy about the way the photos turned out. I appreciate them recognizing my talent and trusting me to capture these memories for them. (No pressure, right?)

When I snapped this I heard Kurt ask Renee, " What is she shooting?!" ;)

That was my experience in a nutshell! I'll leave you for the night with a few more gorgeous photos to look at!

Until next time... ;)

2 comments:

  1. So, once they saw the one of their feet did they love it? It's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, it's actually his profile picture on facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete