Tuesday, December 7, 2010

IHF: Self Portrait


I was thinking about skipping this challenge. I think I may enjoy sinking hot needles into my eyeballs more than taking pictures of myself. Or being in them at all. It's not because I am afraid of what people may think of me, I'm not that kind of person. I am an emotion driven person. I feel things deeply. When I do something, I put everything into making it. I have to do it right. That's a reason why I haven't really pursued my photography any further than I have. It's a reflection of me. And I'm putting it out there for everyone to see. It leaves me a little raw, a little bare. My soul feels exposed. Photographs are made to be looked at. And people are looking at little parts of who I am. I need to do it right. Not for anyone else. I have to do it right for me. No one else can be a bigger critic of my work than me. Here I am.




3 comments:

  1. Totally agree. I feel that way about my work as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot!! Very pretty picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the angle, especially with the strong lines of your glasses...nicely done!...

    ReplyDelete