Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye, 2010: A Year in Pictures.

Happy New Year! What are your plans for tonight? Me? I will be cuddled in bed next to the most handsome boy in the world. He'll be drinkin' beer.....heavy on the root. He's got a few more years to go before he's the legal drinking age.

Oh sure, I could be out at a party somewhere getting wasted but no one will ever convince me that getting drunk is fun. I'd like the keep my dinner right where it is, thank you very much. Besides, when you got a good lookin' man like that at home, why go anywhere else? So, I will be ringing in the New year right at home, silently rejoicing that we made it through 2010, and praying 2011 is good.


This year, we watched spring turn into summer,

Summer fade into fall,

And fall fall into winter.

A year. 52 weeks. 365 days.

Seems kinda small in the scheme of things but so many things happen in a year. You start things. You finish things. Win some. Lose some. You develop new relationships.
Here's a relationship I developed this year:




One with insects. But not only insects. One with photography.

I've loved.

I've seen laughter.


I've succeeded. With honors.


I've cried,
Gained some,

and missed others.
But I have lived. And seen beautiful things.





And that doesn't even begin to cover it. Let's just say I'm a lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment